There are some other financial reasons as well like women get a lot of tax benefits when they invest, a number of tax deductions at the time of assessing property tax and many other.
But apart from the above reasons there are a few more reasons for this sea change in the prospective Real Estate customers
1. Owning a home has also become a keystone of a long-term financial planning, particularly for women. Over the last few years particularly, as the stock market has been shaky and uncertain, real estate has continued to appreciate. It has also been less volatile and with a good growth rate. That's a big deal, particularly to women who worry more about finances than men do.
2. Single women are not only the fastest growing segment of homebuyers, they account for one-third of all condominium purchases and they're buying a greater percentage of second homes than ever before.
3. Owning a home is also an emotional booster. Researches show that homeowners are more likely to participate in community service and political activities. Also, children of homeowners are likely to perform higher on academic achievement tests, more likely to finish high school and have fewer behavior problems in school.
4. Also, women now earn handsome salaries, doing big deals and proving there business acumen. With this attitude they value their independence and privacy which makes them purchase a separate house for themselves.
5. The women of today does not prefer depending on anyone and no longer think in the way that their husband’s house is theirs in a way and also they now vote for nuclear families and thus go ahead for purchasing a house or a second house.
Contributed By : Lalsa Verma